Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Moment of GRACE...

Moments of Grace........ When God Touches Our Lives Unexepectedly.........   this is truly a wonderful book of God's presence in our lives... stories of people.. whom God has touched and changed their lives.. from one moment to the next.  These stories are brought to us to.. inspire and let us remember that God is truly there for ALL of us.. 

I had the opportunity this evening to watch a movie with some dear friends ... about "miracles".  God truly changing peoples lives.. through their deep faith and prayer.   

"Thunder"
These last six months or so have been pretty stressful to say the least... and somehow.. I didn't rely on, or trust God, I should say, as much as I should have.  I think I just lost sight of God's power, His presence and His ways to transform people, circumstances and situations.  I have ALWAYS relied on my deep faith in God.. and got to the point in my life.. to pray.. HIS will and not my own.   "Whatever You see best Lord, Your will not mine."  But this week was different... I was truly scared. I was scared that I was going to have to let him go.  I know that this situation may not be over.. but it truly renewed and restored my faith.  I prayed and prayed and laid my hands on our little furry family member of our family, "Thunder".  I know not EVERYONE.. thinks of their pets as we do.. but Thunder is just my little boy with a fur coat on..!!  Yesterday was a terrible day... and it seemed very long.. knowing in my heart that the vet said there was nothing more "medically" they could do, well it was just too depressing.  Thunder is such a fiesty, fun little guy... and adds so much spice to our lives.. it was very difficult for me to even think of an hour, much less a day without him, or much worse.  Although we all have our bad days, we want him to enjoy his life with us.. and be happy!!  After all, he traveled all the way from Ft. Lauderdale to Long Beach, Ca. with us.. to every pet motel and Subway along the way!!  So.. even with getting up every hour last evening.. and giving him the dosage of the special Chinese herb.. that would stop internal bleeding... I didn't care, it didn't matter.   I just wanted him to be his fiesty old self again.  I prayed and prayed and knowing in my heart that with each breath I felt his chest rise and fall.. could be his last.. I prayed that he would be himself again. 








Seeing him tonight, well you definitely would think it was the same puppy!!!  His gums were clearly pink..and his tongue...was salmon pink too!!  Even his tummy wasn't bloated!!!  He was perky .. and running around.. Thank you Lord... for my Moment of Grace!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment